Private Mustang GT Tour from Bay of Islands
Explore the historic Bay of Islands in a luxury, late model Mustang Convertible with a maximum of 3 passengers in your group. On your private 4.5-hour guided tour you will see historic locations, spectacular waterfalls, panoramic scenery, beautiful harbours, beaches and rural farming areas away from the crowds. You can also extend your tour with 1-hour options of a winery lunch and wine tasting at an award winning vinyard. Your tour is adaptable with no fixed schedule, allowing you to stop for photos, ask questions, take your time or relax and talk with your local driver.
per adult from
270 to 330 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour - only your group in the Mustang
- Price per Mustang is the same regardless of the number of passengers (per person price drops the more people in your group)
- Local driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off (if applicable)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Meal in Winery Lunch option
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase during lunch option)
- If you are arriving off a cruise ship at Waitangi or Paihia, you will be picked up from the tender port at a time that suits, with no need to wait for other groups. If you are staying in Paihia, Opua or Russell you will be picked up from your accommodation at 10am.
Your day begins with a short drive to a viewpoint above Waitangi for a photo stop overlooking the cruise ship anchorage in the inner Bay of Islands before reaching the horseshoe-shaped Haruru Falls, with the Mustangs 500hp V8 providing a comfortable and thrilling ride, if you want!
Continuing northward, visit the Kororipo-Kerikeri Basin, site of the famous Stone Store and early trading between Māori and European settlers. Then visit the stunning Rainbow Falls before travelling past orchards and kiwifruit vines to the village of Kaeo. Next you travel past working farmland and native bush to the stunning Whangaroa Harbour before continuing along the rugged coast past secluded bays, sandy beaches and sweeping island views.
If you have chosen the Winery Lunch option you will then arrive at one of Northland's premier vineyards where you will be treated to wine tasting and a sumptuous meal.
The next leg of your tour takes you to the quirky town of Kawakawa, famous for its photogenic public toilets designed and built by the Austrian artist Friedrich Hundertwasser. The town also features a historic railway that passes down the centre of the main road. If you are lucky a train may even pass through town and stop traffic.
You then travel along the Kawakawa-Opua road built by US soldiers stationed in Northland during WW2, stopping along the way at a view point for a final panoramic photo opportunity. Your personal Mustang tour finishes back where you started, or you can end your tour at the Paihia wharf and explore the seaside town. On cruise ship days there are free shuttle buses to the tender port, making it easy for you to get back to your ship.
Departure Point :• Bay of Islands cruise ship tender port • Central Bay of Islands accommodation
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour can optionally end at the Paihia waterfront. On cruise ship days there are free shuttle buses that can get you back to the tender port.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 3 people per booking (the rear seats have limited legroom, something to consider if you are all tall)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and be able to safely use an adult sized seat-belt (no minimum age, just size)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Access to some attractions may be limited for those with walking disabilities due to uneven surfaces
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach all attractions
- Winery Lunch option has vegetarian and gluten free choices
- The Mustang has an exemption from some of the NZ Passenger Service Vehicle Rules to allow rear seat passengers in a two door convertible. You will be required to sign a visitor book at the beginning of the tour to acknowledge you understand the conditions of the exemption.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.