Private Kaikoura Day Tour Including Whale Watching
Experience the magical marine life on a private day tour to the coastal town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet the sea. Get up-close with nature as you step on board for your Whale Watch Cruise. Spot the Giant Sperm Whales, dusky dolphins, albatross & an abundance of marine wildlife in their natural habitat. Walk up to the peninsula walkway with spectacular scenery & visit the seal colony.
• Scenic drive to the coastal town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet the sea.
• Admire the Giant Sperm Whale & other marine wildlife in their natural habitat on a Whale Watching Cruise.
• View New Zealand Fur Seals in their local Seal Colony.
• Walk up to the peninsula walkway to capture the spectacular scenery.
What's included :
- Whale Watching Experience by boat
- Private tour (i.e. only for one party)
- Professional guide.
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Transport in luxurious van (2017 or late model Mercedes Benz)
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
- Complimentary light refreshments provided.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, West End, Kaikoura 7300 New Zealand
Spend your day on the coastal town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet the sea. After pick-up from your hotel in Christchurch, take around 3 hrs scenic drive through the wine-growing region of Waipara. Arrive in Kaikoura & take in the serenity of this beautiful town.
Hop onboard for an incredible Whale Watching experience & grab some wonderful photo opportunities. Lookout for the Giant Sperm Whale, dusky dolphins, albatross and a great variety of other marine wildlife.
After your Whale Watch Cruise, you have time to enjoy lunch at one of the many cafes and explore the charming little town by foot. Post lunch visit the Fur Seal colony on the shores of Kaikoura, with hundreds of adorable seals basking in the sun. Take a walk up to the peninsula walkway & capture the magical scenery in your cameras. Drive back via same scenic coastal route & drop-off to your location in Christchurch.
1. Scenic drive to the coastal town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet the sea.
2. Admire the Giant Sperm Whale & other marine wildlife in their natural habitat on a Whale Watching Cruise.
3. View New Zealand Fur Seals in their local Seal Colony.
4. Walk up to the peninsula walkway to capture the spectacular scenery.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Christchurch, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 3 years of age are not permitted on the Whale Watching Cruise.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Prior to departing from Christchurch, if the weather is unfavourable and Whale Watching Cruise is not operative we will cancel the tour and a full refund will be provided.
- If Whale Watch Cruise is cancelled at last minute, Whale Watching Plane Tour is offered as an alternative subject to availability. If you do not wish to fly, or the plane tours are also cancelled, we will refund you the amount for that activity. In the later scenario, we will take you for a wine tasting tour to Waipara Valley on the way back.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.