Private Jeep Tour with Winery Lunch from the Bay of Islands
Explore the historic Bay of Islands in a luxury, late model Jeep Wrangler with a maximum of 4 passengers in your group included in the price. On your private 4-hour guided tour you will see historic locations, spectacular waterfalls, panoramic scenery, subtropical rain forests and rural farming areas away from the crowds. You will also be treated to a sumptuous winery lunch at an award winning local vinyard. Your tour is adaptable with no fixed schedule, allowing you to stop for photos, ask questions, take your time or relax and talk with your local driver.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour - only your group in the Jeep
- Price per Jeep is the same regardless of the number of passengers (per person price drops the more people in your group)
- Local driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off (if applicable)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Winery Lunch Meal and wine tasting
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase during lunch option)
- If you are arriving off a cruise ship at Waitangi or Paihia, you will be picked up from the tender port at a time that suits, with no need to wait for other groups. If you are staying in Paihia you will be picked up from your accommodation at 10am.
Your day begins with a short drive to the seaside port of Opua for an introduction to the history, culture and a spectacular viewpoint. Next travel along the first of your tour’s unsealed roads to reach the Opua Forest, with the Jeep’s off-road capabilities providing a safe and comfortable ride. Here a 20-minute walk along a well formed trail will allow you to get up close and personal with ancient kauri trees.
The next leg of your tour takes you to the quirky town of Kawakawa, famous for its photogenic public toilets designed and built by the Austrian artist Friedrich Hundertwasser. The town also features a historic railway that passes down the centre of the main road. If you are lucky a train may even pass through town and stop traffic.
You will then travel north to arrive at one of Northland's premier vineyards where you will be treated to wine tasting and a sumptuous meal.
You then travel back down the Waitangi Valley to reach the horseshoe-shaped Haruru Falls, before stopping at a viewpoint above Waitangi for a photo opportunity overlooking the cruise ship anchorage in the inner Bay of Islands.
Your personal Jeep tour finishes back where you started, or you can end your tour at the Paihia wharf and explore the seaside town. On cruise ship days there are free shuttle buses to the tender port, making it easy for you to get back to your ship.
Departure Point :• Bay of Islands cruise ship tender port • Central Bay of Islands accommodation
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour can optionally end at the Paihia waterfront. On cruise ship days there are free shuttle buses that can get you back to the tender port.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 4 people per booking (if there are 4 in your group then 3 will be friendly across the back seat)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vehicles can transport a collapsible wheelchair, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking
- Access to some attractions may be limited for those with walking disabilities due to uneven surfaces
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach all attractions
- Winery Lunch has vegetarian and gluten free choices
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.