Private Devonport Volcanoes Afternoon Tour from Auckland
A private guided tour of the volcanic features in Devonport, including Pupuke Lake explosion crater, the lava flows at O'Neills Bay, North Head volcano and tunnels, and Mt Victoria volcano. Allow some of nature’s wonders to blow you away.
What's included :
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your day will begin with a pickup from the steps at at 148 Quay St (opposite Queens Wharf) at 3pm in a 9-seater van.
Drive across the Harbour Bridge to Lake Pupuke, which is a gigantic volcanic explosion crater. You will then be taken to O'Neil's Bay, where you will enjoy a short walk to see where the lava flows from Lake Pupuke have run through an ancient forest, creating unique tree molds. There is then an option of a 15-minute walk along Takapuna Beach, where you will be picked up at the end of the walk.
Heading to North Head volcano, start a 30-minute walk to explore the tunnels which were built in the late 19th century to service the large gun emplacements. Continuing right around the volcano, you will finish up at the top, where there are spectacular views of Rangitoto and the harbour.
Then drive to Mt Victoria volcano, and enjoy the views of Auckland City from the opposite side of the harbour. There is the option to stay in Devonport for dinner and take the ferry back to Auckland City in your own time and expense, or be driven back across the Harbour Bridge to finish up before 7pm.
Departure Point :Steps at 148 Quay St, opposite Queens Wharf.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring sunscreen, walking shoes or boots, a camera, any personal medication you may require, and wet weather gear in case the weather turns bad
- Note that you will be walking on steep and loose tracks, so a reasonable level of fitness is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.