Private All Inclusive Round Trip Auckland to Hobbiton
A day trip from Auckland to Hobbiton is highly recommended and is a must see popular activity for anyone visiting New Zealand, especially family groups. Book a private round-trip transfer from Auckland today. Our team of friendly drivers with new up-market vehicles provides a more high end service suitable for small groups where flexibility and attention to detail are important.
Price includes tickets for Hobbiton entry, premium level private transport, refreshments, WiFi and pick-up and drop-off anywhere in Auckland including airport or ferry terminal transfers.
Multi lingual drivers and child seats available upon request.
We can also provide transfers to other towns and cities or extend this tour visiting nearby attractions such as Waitomo Caves & Rotorua upon request.
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hobbiton is one of New Zealand's most popular must see attractions suitable for all ages and especially important for any Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit fans. Also great as a stop off on the way from Auckland to Rotorua.
A typical day in Hobbiton:
The trip takes on average 2.5 hours each direction from Auckland through the rolling hills of the Waikato region and beautiful farming towns along the way.
Located 10 minutes away from the bustling Matamata township the Shires Rest sits amongst the fills on a private working farm awaiting our arrival. While you explore the Shires Rest your driver & guide will collect the tickets & info pack which is available in many different languages.
Explore the on-site gift shop and café for breakfast or lunch before the movie set tour commences.
When your booking time arrives, you will board a bus with many other Hobbit fans and head down into the valley where the Hobbiton movie set has been beautifully re-created in amazing detail.
The two hour guided tour with a local Hobbiton guide for will take you through the movie set exploring the many Hobbit holes, bridges and gardens before stopping off at the Green Dragon Inn for a local ale. I also highly recommended the pie! If your a fan a of the movie's, the detail and history behind the movie set is incredible and it's nice to see up close and personal the real thing normally only seen on the big screen.
Also look out for the famous Hobbiton cat who lives there. Usually in front of the fire place. A prize is in order for the group should you find him and show your driver / guide a photo.
Once the tour concludes, you will meet your Ezy Driver driver & guide back at The Shires rest.
I recommend trying out the NZ Natural ice cream or 3 scoop ice cream thick-shakes before heading to your next destination.
Departure Point :Anywhere in Auckland, please advise upon booking of this tour.
Departure Time :Default time of 7AM unless requested another time is requested. Allows for 10AM tour and arrival back in Auckland by 3PM.
Return Detail :Default anywhere in Auckland with other destinations available upon request at the time of booking.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Availability for Hobbiton tour entry cannot be checked without making a booking. Pick-up times may vary subject to availability. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.