Private Akaroa Day Tour including Harbour Cruise and Alpaca Farm Tour
Discover the coastal town of Akaroa on a private day tour from Christchurch. Enjoy a 2-hour cruise and swim with Hector's Dolphins. Encounter panoramic views, boutique shops, waterfront cafes, a cheese factory, and upgrade to tour an Alpaca Farm.
• Relax on a scenic day trip to the French-inspired coastal town of Akaroa
• Look out for dolphins, penguins, fur seals, and exquisite New Zealand blue pearls
• Capture captivating views of Akaroa Harbor from a panoramic viewpoint
• Enjoy a 2-hour harbor nature cruise
• Visit Barry’s Bay Traditional Cheese Factory and sample award-winning cheese
• Upgrade to include an interactive tour of an Alpaca Farm
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Harbour Nature Cruise.
- Alpaca Farm Tour (if option selected)
- Private Transfer (i.e. only for one party)
- Professional guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz Van.
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
- Complimentary light refreshments provided.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Akaroa Lighthouse
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Encounter Akaroa, a French-inspired coastal town located on the Banks Peninsula, on a private day tour from Christchurch. After pick-up from your hotel in Christchurch, set off for the 90-minute scenic drive to Akaroa. On arrival, discover magnificent harbour views, glistening waters, historic buildings, and fine food.
Stop At: Akaroa Lighthouse, Beach Road, Akaroa, Akaroa New Zealand
Grab your camera for amazing pictures at Hilltop Tavern for captivating harbour views over the glistening waters of Akaroa.
Feast your taste buds on delicious artisan cheese at Barry’s Bay Cheese Factory, where they have produced hand-crafted cheese since 1895. Enjoy complimentary samples and glimpse the cheese-making process from the large viewing window.
Explore Akaroa town on foot, discover boutique shops, and enjoy lunch (own expense) at one of the many waterfront cafes.
Climb onboard a spectacular 2-hour nature cruise in Akaroa Harbour. Enjoy the fascinating history and rich variety of marine life exclusive to New Zealand waters. View the giant volcanic cliffs, sea caves and a breathtaking volcanic amphitheatre. Spot the unique Hector’s dolphin (the world's smallest and rarest dolphin), white-flippered penguins, yellow-eyed penguins, fur seals, and more.
Upgrade your tour to include a unique farm tour at Shamarra Alpaca Farm. Get up close and personal with over 130 grazing Alpacas while enjoying breathtaking views of Akaroa Harbour. Gain a brief insight into Alpacas' history, wander through herds of these majestic beauties, and browse through a selection of luxurious knitwear. Enjoy the scenic return journey along Summit Road (time and weather permitting) with fascinating views, before drop off back to your pick-up location in Christchurch.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :NZ South Island Tours & Travel Ltd., 17/268 Worcester St, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.