Premium Tongariro Alpine Crossing Guided Trek
Experience the majestic Tongariro National Park and feel the crisp mountain air as you follow your expert guide across the Tongariro Alpine Crossing for a view of the volcanic landscape during this 8-hour trek. Soak in the snowy white expanse in winter or the lush, blooming beauty during summer on your 19km hike. Learn about the secrets and history of the landscape around you. Travel through volcanic craters, mountain springs, and vivid emerald lakes - natural wonders that leave you inspired and breathless. Notice the gradual change in flora as you climb higher in altitude. Witness the grandeur of Mount Ngauruhoe, which lies between Mount Tongariro, Mount Ruapehu.
Your guides are well informed and keep you safe by constantly assessing the weather and track conditions, timing for your personalised pick-up, and other little details to maximise your enjoyment. Where possible, we take our clients away from the masses while making sure that the popular sights are still experienced.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and qualified guide/s
- All mountain equipment required (including crampons and ice axes during winter)
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity
- Lunch until 31 March 2021, purchase as additional from 01 April 2021 onward
- Footwear and clothing to supplement up to a NZD40 free allowance.
What's excluded :
- Beverages, bottled water, or snacks
- Transport from Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune, National Park & Whakapapa Villages available at a surcharge
- Lunch - from 01 April 2021 onwards
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Off State Highway 48 Mangatepopo Valley, Whakapapa Village, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
A great one day walk
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Stunning volcanic mountain
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre (Whakapapa Visitor Centre), State Highway 48, Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mount Ngauruhoe, Tongariro National Park, Turangi New Zealand
A steep volcanic mountain showcased on Lord of the Rings as Mt Doom
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :53 Carroll Street, National Park 3989, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 10 years
- If you are traveling alone please book as the tour does generally meet minimum numbers, especially on good weather days
- A reasonably good level of fitness is required. If you are concerned about your fitness please let your guide know before commencing the walk
- Transfers from Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune and Whakapapa Village are available on request for an additional charge. All transfers require a minimum of 2 people. We do not offer Ohakune transfers in winter.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Summer Gear List: Water (1-2 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, backpack per person, hiking boots/shoes, walking trousers, 1 light top and 2 warm top layers (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), Waterproof raincoat.
- Winter Gear List: Water (1-1.5 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), sunscreen, sunglasses, backpack per person, hiking boots, thermal longs and/or walking trousers & over-trousers, 3 warm top layers (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), Waterproof raincoat, Warm hat and gloves.
- It is essential all clients phone the Adrift Tongariro base between 10:00am - 5:00pm the day prior to trip date to confirm tour departure time and discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
- Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base. Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity are included in the price.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.