Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Paekakariki Escarpment Track
Tackle one of Wellington's newest and wildest walks, across steep coastal cliffs with spectacular views over the Kāpiti Coast.
Duration 8 hours
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Lunch and Snacks
- Rain Poncho
- Walking Pole
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Experience part of the Te Araroa Trail and Wellington’s newest walking track - the vertigo-inducing Paekakariki Escarpment. We begin in Wellington with a harbourside stroll, before taking a pleasant train ride out to the Kāpiti Coast. We then escape into a world of spectacular views over glimmering seas. Discover the conquests of Te Rauparaha, learn about the unique ecology, and the challenges of constructing a rail line (and track) through such rugged terrain. The walk ends at a peaceful seaside village, where lunch at a funky, laid-back cafe awaits.
Total walking distance = 12 km (approx), with some steep climbs (lot's of steps!). Starts at Wellington i-SITE at 8:45am. Returns to Wellington Train Station by 5:00pm.
Requires moderate fitness and comfortable walking shoes. Expect well-formed but steep and narrow track. This tour is not suitable for people with heart conditions or vertigo. Bring suitable clothing (avoid denim), sun hat, camera.
Departure Point :Starts at Wellington i-SITE at 8:45am.
Departure Time :Starts at Wellington i-SITE at 8:45am.
Return Detail :Returns to Wellington Train Station by 5:00pm.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.