Packraft Wanaka is New Zealand’s NEW Jet Boat, Wilderness Walk & Packraft Adventure. This full day experience departs Wanaka at 09.10am for a 20 min drive to the jet boat base at the Matukituki River. Exciting 1 hour of jet boating to beneath Avalanche Glacier where it is pack on back for a remote forest walk to a secluded beach beneath the glacier. Here you have lunch, learn basic paddling skills then rock the photos before heading down river on the most fun of all rafting tours: Ride the wave trains and paddle into calm eddies to surround yourself in nature in the most beautiful landscape there is....Matukituki River, Mount Aspiring National Park.These small 2 person rafts are lightweight and stable, perfect for this remote river adventure. Suitable 12 years + and clients must be able to swim.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic lunch & snacks - PLEASE ADVISE OF ANY DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All gear provided - wetsuits, helmets, PFDs, booties (bring socks)
- Entry/Admission - Wanaka
What's excluded :
New Zealand's only Jetboating, Walk and Packrafting adventure beneath views of the spectacular Avalanche Glacier and Mt Aspiring.
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Wanaka New Zealand
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet us at 09:10am outside of the i-SITE Information Centre (99 Ardmore Street Wanaka). Long term free car parking can be found on the edge of the lake outside of the CBD opposite Pembroke Park (make sure there are no shops opposite where the car is parked).We recommend allowing 30 minutes prior to the departure time to find a carpark and walk to this pick up point.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise if you have any recent medical conditions or injuries
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.