Niger Stream day trip
Our most popular trip involving several abseils, lots of sliding, jumps big and small (optional), zip-lines and a few other things besides.
No experience required. We teach you a lot and our guides are great at pitching trips at your level. A great all-round trip with high excitement and heaps of fun, in a unique and fabulous setting.
• A Wanaka Canyon
• $280 per person. 9 am to 5 pm approx.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Photos to be purchased separately: 15.00 nzd per person.
- Niger Stream is about a 45 minute drive from Wanaka, up the beautiful Matukituki valley. The trip begins with a moderately steep walk up a farm track, which takes 30-40 minutes. During the walk, there are great views across the Matukituki valley and up to the glaciated summit of Mt Avalanche 2603m.
Niger Stream has an excellent variety of activities. At least 3 Abseils (rappels) up to 18m (60’) high with optional jumps from 3-7 meters (10-22’). There is an optional technical slide of 10m (30’) plus several smaller slides of 2-4m (6-12’). The canyon includes several zip lines/tyrolean traverse/flying foxes, plus some swims up to 10m (30’) long.
Departure Point :Log Cabin Wanaka 100 Ardmore street Wanaka, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Log Cabin Wanaka
100 Ardmore Street
Wanaka, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.