New Zealand's Biggest Swing: Nevis Swing Queenstown
REMEMBER WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU COULDN’T DO IT. WHEN YOU WERE TOO NERVOUS, TOO TIMID, TOO SCARED. THIS WAS NOT FOR YOU. YOU WANTED TO BACK OUT. BUT YOU DIDN’T. YOU TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND STEPPED FORWARD. BECAUSE IF YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.
It’s the best rush gravity can give you and the world’s most famous Swing. Go forwards, backwards, upside down, or with a friend, it doesn’t matter just go. Free fall 70m (229ft) towards the valley floor before swinging out in an awe-inspiring 300m (984ft) arc that takes the adrenaline hit to the next level.
SAFETY COMES FIRST – ALWAYS We are the Bungy originals, we’ve been doing Bungy and other adventurous stuff for 30 years and our crew is the most experienced in the world. Our impeccable safety record puts your safety – and wellbeing – first. That’s why we will NEVER compromise on safety.
What's included :
- Nevis Swing
- Authentic Nevis Swing cap
- Return transport from Queenstown
What's excluded :
- Photographs and videos (available for purchase following the swing)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- THE FACTS
• 300 METRE ARC (984ft)
• 70 METRE DROP (229ft)
• 160M (524ft) ABOVE THE RIVER
• REACH SPEEDS OF 120KPH (74mph)
• LOADS OF SWING OPTIONS: Forwards, Backwards, Tandem, Truck'n Trailer, Yin&Yan, Honeymoon & much moreMeet at the tour office in central Queenstown and embark on the included 40-minute ride to the Nevis Swing. Take in spectacular scenery during the drive.
When you arrive at the swing site, your guide provides a safety briefing and orientation before fitting you into a secure harness. Then head toward the platform, located 525 feet (160 meters) above the Nevis River. The enclosed platform hovers in midair, suspended on cables that run between the cliffs. Follow your guide across a catwalk that leads to the platform — a feat that primes your adrenaline for the upcoming swing.
Your guide will secure you to the swing mechanism, which lifts you out from the launch deck. Admire the views while you are suspended above the canyon floor until suddenly your guide releases the swing. Drop into a 100-foot (30-meter) free fall, and then arc into a 985-foot (300-meter) swing over the river valley, reaching speeds up to 75 mph (120 kph). The swing's cable measures almost 400 feet long (120 meters), providing space for an enormous arc.
When you stop swinging, you'll be winched back up to the platform. Video and photo packages are available for purchase if you would like a souvenir of your swing. Then return to Queenstown on a shuttle; expect about four hours for the entire outing.
You can ride in tandem with a friend or go solo. You also have the option to ride forward, backward, upside down or in other configurations that the staff have created.
Departure Point :Local operator's office in Queenstown (more details on confirmation voucher)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Nevis is on private land so our transport must be taken and is available from 'The Station Building', corner of Shotover & Camp Streets in the centre of Queenstown, bookings are essential.
- Booking Conditions
- Age: Min 10 yrs (Children 14 and under need to be accompanied by an adult)
- Weight: Min 35kg - Max 220kg (78-485lbs)
- Clothing Requirements: Secure covered Shoes must be worn! Please dress appropriately for the weather. In winter the Nevis can experience cooler conditions than in Queenstown
- Medical Conditions: These are a case by case basis so please talk to the team if you have a medical condition. Pregnant women are unable to Swing
- Spectators: Spectator charge of $50 per person bookings essential
- What to bring
- Warm comfortable clothing, please dress appropriately for the weather. In winter the Nevis can experience cooler conditions than in Queenstown
- Secure, covered shoes MUST be worn
- Cameras are more than welcome
- Activity & Check-in Times
- Buses depart daily at 9.20am, 10.00am, 11.20am, 12.00pm, 12.40pm, 1.20pm, 2.00pm, 2.40pm. Check-in 30mins before departure
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.