Nature and Nosh Coast & Cuisine Experience
They say the sea heals the soul, and this stunning half day coastal walk from Homunga Bay to Waihi Beach is sweet escapism in its purest form. This experience includes a four hour coastal guided walk discovering hidden bays along Pohutakawa lined edges with a gourmet picnic lunch on the beach. Visit local Falls Retreat Bistro for a unique ' garden-to-plate' food experience, featuring fresh, seasonal morsels. A glass of New Zealand wine winds up our visit before we head back through the Karangahake Gorge with a stop to view the pretty Owharoa falls. A short blueberry farm tour at Kowhai Creamery is followed by the hardest decision you'll have to make all day. Choosing the flavour of your award-winning gelato! Tour includes return transfers from Hamilton.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food tasting
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- From Hamilton, we wind our way around the east coast of the Coromandel, along cliff edges, discovering hidden bays along Pohutakawa lined edges. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch on the beach, dip your toes in the water before we make our way to Waihi Beach.
Next is a visit to local award-winning Falls Retreat Bistro for a unique 'garden-to-plate' food experience, featuring fresh, seasonal morsels from the restaurant's huge garden. A glass of wine winds up our visit before we head back through the Karangahake Gorge.
Heading back inland, it's time to visit the land of blueberries and icecream! A short blueberry farm tour at the Kowhai Creamery is followed by the hardest decision you'll have to make all day. Choosing the flavour of your handmade gelato! Made from full cream jersey cow milk fed on lush Waikato pastures, the award-winning blueberry gelato is hard to beat!
• Fully-inclusive, guided experience
• Runs: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's
• Departs: 7.30am from Hamilton Gardens
• Returns: 5.30pm to Hamilton Gardens
• Duration: 10 hours
• Walk: 4 hours approx
• Grade: Moderate
• A good level of fitness is required for this tour.
• Note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run
Departure Point :Gate 1, Hamilton Gardens (Turtle Lake main carpark)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Gate 1, Hamilton Gardens (Turtle Lake main carpark)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please note: A reasonable level of fitness is required for this experience.
- Please bring suitable attire for hiking, suitable footwear (hiking boots, or trainers with plenty of tread) and a water bottle. A change of clothing is recommended and a wind and rain jacket. Day backpacks will be provided if required.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.