Muriwai Scenic Wine Tour from Auckland
Discover the delicate wines of New Zealand’s North Island on this 3.5-hour wine tour from Auckland. Travel through the scenic Waimaulu, Kumeu and Huapai regions with a guide and enjoy sweeping views over the pretty countryside. Stroll along the black sands at Muriwai and watch native gannets in their natural habitat at Otakamiro Point. Then, visit a local winery and sample some of the cabernet, chardonnay, pinot gris, reisling, or sauvignon blanc wines in production. This tour includes round-trip travel from your Auckland hotel.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Muriwai Gannet Colony
- Entry/Admission - Babich Wines
- Entry/Admission - Westbrook Winery
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muriwai Gannet Colony, 428 Motutara Rd Waitakere, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
Next you’ll be taken through beautiful rolling sheep and cattle country out to Muriwai, a seaside enclave popular with surfers and famous for its black sand beaches. Here you can watch the Gannets August to May courting, mating and rearing their young preparing them for the winter migration.
There are spectacular views of the Tasman Sea and rugged West Coast from the lookouts.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Babich Wines, 15 Babich Road Henderson Valley, Auckland Central, Auckland 0614 New Zealand
Watch a fascinating video about the history of this iconic 103 year old family wine company. Founder of Babich Wines Josep Babich came to New Zealand as a 14 year boy and created one of New Zealand's favourite family owned wine companies. Taste up to 8 white and red wines including their flagship Bordeaux style blend only made in the best years in the cellar door tasting room.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Westbrook Winery, 215 Ararimu Valley Road, Helensville, Waimauku 0882, New Zealand
Visit family owned West Brook Wines established in 1935 for a cellar door tasting. Situated in the picturesque Waimauku Valley you can try award winning Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir and Malbec from their own vineyard as well as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir from their estates in Marlborough
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
WE collect from most Auckland Central Business District Hotels, Apartments and Cruise shipsPorts
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.