Mount Maunganui and Karangahake Gorge Day Trip
After an early start from Auckland, our first stop is a walk through the Karangahake Gorge. The trail leads us through forested paths alongside the Ohinemuri River and into old mining tunnels. See the relics from an earlier time that have been abandoned along the trail.
Next we will visit the Owharoa Falls. A great photo opportunity and chance to swim if you choose.
Then it's back in the van an onto the gorgeous town of Mount Maunganui. You have the choice to hike to the Summit of Mount Maunganui, for stunning views of the town and surrounds, or for an easier option, take the Base Track. The path winds around the mount, through farmland and forested trails at ground level.
Bring your own lunch to picnic on the beach or visit one of the great beachfront cafes of bakeries.
Follow up this great with a swim. In summer we'll swim at the beautiful Mount Beach, and on the colder days we'll enjoy a relaxing soak in the hot pools at the base of the Mount.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- All activities
- Entry/Admission - Karangahake Gorge Historic Walkway
- Entry/Admission - Mount Maunganui Summit Track
- Entry/Admission - Mount Hot Pools
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karangahake Gorge Historic Walkway, State Highway 2, Waihi New Zealand
Explore old gold mining tunnels, native forest and see all the relics from an earlier time scattered along the trail.
We have some torches to help you fine your way through the tunnels.
Great Photo opportunities.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Owharoa Falls, 30 Waitawheta Road, Waikino 3682 New Zealand
Photo Stop at these beautiful water falls
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mount Maunganui Summit Track, Adams Ave, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116 New Zealand
Epic Views and great photo opportunities make this hour long walk worthwhile. One of the best views in the North Island.
Option to do the Base Track for an easier option.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Hot Pools, 9 Adams Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116 New Zealand
Time to relax and unwind. Soak away the walks from the day in these hot pools located at the base of Mount Maunganui.
Or, if you'd prefer a cooler splash, we'll head to the scenic Mount Beach for a swim. (Summer Only)
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lemon & Paeroa Bottle, In Ohinemuri Park, Paeroa 3600 New Zealand
Larger than Life and World Famous in NZ.
Check out this Giant L&P Bottle
Departure Point :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us at least 48 hours before your tour for Hotel Pick Ups. Otherwise, we'll see you under the Sky Tower at 7.00am
Departure Time :7.00am ; 229 Queen St (Outside Base Backpackers)
7.15am ; 102 Hobson St (Intercity Bus Terminal)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.