Mount Cook to Christchurch Tour
Enjoy the scenic route from Mount Cook to Christchurch; featuring breathtaking lakes and rolling green valleys. You'll have the opportunity to soak up the scenery as your air-conditioned coach travels from the alpine region of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park to the largest city in South Island New Zealand. The journey from Mount Cook to Christchurch includes afternoon tea (own expense) in Geraldine and multiple stops along the way to admire the natural landscape.
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at selected centrally-located hotels
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Enjoy the scenic route from Mount Cook to Christchurch; departing Aoraki Mount Cook National Park you'll travel down the western side of Lake Pukaki, which sits at the foot of New Zealand's tallest mountain, before the journey continues to Lake Tekapo. Visit the famous Church of the Good Shepherd, which stands in picturesque solitude on the foreshores of the lake and soak up views of the mountains and glacier lakes that make up this alpine region. Your one-way sightseeing tour continues, travelling through the NZ Southern Alps and down into rolling green valleys. Head to the small farming township of Geraldine for an afternoon tea stop (own expense) and glimpse the rich pastoral farmland of Canterbury Plains before continuing the journey to Christchurch. Known as 'The Garden City', Christchurch is where your tour concludes in the evening with a transfer to your hotel.
Departure Point :The Hermitage Hotel, 89 Terrace Rd, Mount Cook National Park 7999, New Zealand
Aoraki Hermitage Hotel, Level 2 Rear of Building Coach Park
- Mt. Cook Village, Mt. Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Departure Time :1:45 PM
Return Detail :72 Lichfield St, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.