Milford Sound Sightseeing Cruise including Optional Lunch
Towering peaks and cascading waterfalls - this has to be the spectacular Milford Sound. Described as the 'Eighth Natural Wonder of the World', this cruise will take you past the incredible Mitre Peak, Bowen Falls, Stirling Falls and Seal Point. See marine life in their natural environment as you discover the magic of this deep fiord.
per adult from
What's included :
- Sightseeing cruise on Milford Sound
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Full commentary
- Tea and coffee are provided complimentary to all passengers
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Nestled in the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound is described as the 'Eighth Natural Wonder of the World'. The only way to truly appreciate the splendor of this area is to enjoy a spectacular Milford Sound cruise.
A cruise is the perfect way to discover the beautiful scenery of this famous fiord, including the incredible Mitre Peak, which at a height of 1,692 meters (5,560 feet), is one of the highest mountains in the world to rise directly from the ocean floor, as well as stunning waterfalls that crash down into the serene waters. Wildlife such as dolphins, seals and penguins are often seen in their natural environment. The Milford Sound cruise along the southern side of Milford Sound out to the Tasman Sea and return up the northern side, stopping at all points of interest along the way, including Bowen Falls, Stirling Falls and Seal Point.
We have a cruise to suit everyone, you can choose the cruise only or choose an option that includes one of our freshly prepared lunches.
Our Scenic Cruise is a slightly a shorter cruise on our largest catamaran with commentary available in several language. Commentary is provided by our skipper and there is the option to enjoy a hot buffet lunch or a cooked breakfast on our 9.00am departure in summer.
If you’re looking for a slightly longer cruise but still want the option of a hot lunch our Nature Cruise is for you. This cruise is perfect for the more relaxed traveller who still wants an in-depth experience. It’s on our newly refurbished catamaran with great indoor and outdoor viewing and commentary is provided by a live nature guide. a hot buffet lunch is available on our 1.00pm departure in summer, on all other departures you can choose to include a freshly prepared picnic lunch.
Departure Point :Milford Wharf Visitor Centre
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passengers please advise country of origin at the time of booking
- Car Park: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively a complimentary shuttle service is provided from Discover Milford Sound.
- Wheelchair accessible onto boat but no disabled toilets onboard. Vessel has large viewing windows, ideal for wheelchairs.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.