Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
Enjoy a two hour cruise traversing the deep waters of Milford Sound, located in Fiordland. Your cruise will take you past St Anne’s lighthouse and out into the Tasman Sea. Informative guides point out scenic highlights along the way, such as the Bowen Falls (dropping 160 metres seaward), Sinbad Gully (a classic example of a hanging valley), snow-capped Mount Pembroke, and the awe-inspiring Mitre Peak itself, towering 1692 metres from the ocean floor.
per adult from
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
What's included :
- Free tea and coffee on board
- Free for children under 3
- Smaller boats makes for a more ‘up close’ tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your 2-hour sightseeing cruise will depart from the Milford Sound Visitor Center.
Having a smaller launch (approximately 20 metres) allows your cruise to navigate closer to the shoreline, getting up close to the incredible surroundings. Purpose-built for Milford waters, your boat has great viewing platforms should you encounter the local fur seal colonies – once nearly hunted to extinction, the rare Fiordland crested penguins or pods of dusky dolphins.
You will traverse into the deep waters of the Milford Sound and will have a chance to enter Milford Sound from the outside, approaching it just as the first settlers did at the end of the 18th century.
With more rainfall than any other part of New Zealand, Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound provide spectacular scenery whatever the weather conditions.
Milford Sound is located at the northern most end of Fiordland National Park on the South Island of New Zealand.
Departure Point :Milford Sound Visitor Centre
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check in is 30 minutes before departure time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.