Milford Sound Private Day Tour
Your private tour from Queenstown takes you into the heart of the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound. Your guide knows the good spots and will make sure you have the opportunity to stop for photos and fresh air when you wish. Once in Milford Sound, board a boutique cruise which sails you through some of the most breath-taking scenery on earth. The 1-hour 45minute cruise will take you the length of the fiord and towards the Tasman Sea along the base of the soaring mountains that rise over a mile straight up from the water. Unique sea life and birds are often in Milford Sound with sightings of dolphins, penguins, seals and birds. The return journey to Queenstown gives you time to relax and reflect on all you have seen and will have you back to your door in the evening after approximately a 12-hour day. We can organise for you to fly there or back if you would like to see Fiordland from the air (additional cost), but don’t miss the drive one way or the other.
What's included :
- Private Tour - not 'share with others'
- Accommodation pick up / drop off
- Experienced Driver/Guide
- Bottled water
- Wi-fi onboard all vehicles
- Lunch - Picnic Lunchbox
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee, tea and cookies are complimentary onboard your cruise
What's excluded :
• Visit the tallest Mountain in New Zealand, covered in snow and glaciers all year round, Aoraki Mt Cook and the national park that surrounds it is not only awesome to view but is home to a number of snow activities no matter what time of year it is that you visit.
• Milford Sound. One of our greatest wonders and a trip that we highly recommend you have on your list. A 4.5 hour drive from Queenstown takes you into the heart of the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park to board a cruise which sails you through some of the most breath-taking scenery on earth. Choose to fly there or back by plane or heli if you are short on time but don’t miss the drive one way or the other.
• Take a visit to the West Coast. Travel via Wanaka and the mountainous Haast Pass to the rugged beauty of this World Heritage listed part of the West Coast. Journey to the fishing village of Jackson Bay for a rockpool walk, wildlife spotting including penguins, seals and dolphins, and enjoy some fresh fish and chips perched on the edge of the sea.
• A visit to Dunedin. The largest town in the lower South Island, Dunedin has an intriguing Scottish history. Beautifully maintained Edwardian architecture can be seen throughout the city. Art, culture and history abound. Museums, castles, galleries, and if you are lucky, a performance a pipe band in the central city Octagon.
• A day of guided skiing at Ohau Ski Field. This is the furthest field you are able to reach from Queenstown in a day and is therefore considerably less crowded. Ohau, though small compared to its Queenstown siblings has lots to offer any level of skier or snowboarder and is uniquely New Zealand in style. (winter option only July-Sept, weather dependant)
We’ll be ready to pick you up from your accommodation at the arranged time and return you to your desired location at the completion of your tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any accommodation in Queenstown and Arrowtown. Please advise us of your pick-up address when making your booking. Return to your accommodation or your choice of location in Queenstown at the end of your tour.
Departure Time :Pick-up from your accommodation is between 6:30am and 8am depending on your choice of destination for the day.
Return Detail :Return to your accommodation or your choice of location in Queenstown at the end of your tour.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise pick-up time and address at time of booking.
- Please advise if there are children in the group requiring a car seat.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate