Milford Sound Cruise with Optional Kayak Tour
An all-inclusive nature experience with excellent wildlife viewing, this package gives you the longest, best value daytime cruise experience in Milford Sound. This cruise option enables you to really explore the beauty of the fiord. With a Cruise of Milford Sound, a delicious picnic lunch and visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory included - it’s the ultimate Milford Sound experience. Be sure to include 90 minutes of kayaking in the beautiful and serene Harrison Cove to complete your Milford Sound experience.
Our Milford Sound Underwater Observatory allows you to experience this amazing world beneath the surface. You’ll descend 10 metres underwater into a large, fully air-conditioned viewing area where windows with excellent clarity open your eyes to this underwater haven. Unlike an aquarium, the fish are free to come and go; it’s the people who are contained.
per adult from
What's included :
- Sightseeing cruise on Milford Sound
- Picnic lunch
- Local guide
- Visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- All kayaking equipment if you choose to add kayaking to your cruise
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - Southern Discoveries - Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
What's excluded :
- Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Fiordland National Park is in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for the glacier-carved fiords of Doubtful and Milford sounds. A beech forest trail on the sandy Milford shore offers views of towering Mitre Peak.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
Milford Sound is a fiord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for towering Mitre Peak, plus rainforests and waterfalls like Stirling and Bowen falls, which plummet down its sheer sides. The fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins.
Pass By: Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
The stunning Lady Bowen Falls is Milford’s highest waterfall. It plunges 162m from a hanging valley into the head of Milford Sound and provides electricity for the Milford Sound township by feeding a small hydroelectric scheme, as well as being the water source for the settlement
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Mitre Peak is a beautifully dramatic mountain in the South Island of New Zealand, located on the shore of Milford Sound. It is one of the most photographed mountain peaks in the entire country
Stop At: Southern Discoveries - Milford Sound Underwater Observatory, Milford Wharf Harrison Cove, Milford Sound New Zealand
Our Milford Sound Underwater Observatory is a unique opportunity to visit New Zealand’s only floating underwater observatory, accessible only by boat. Descend by spiral staircase to 10 metres beneath the water’s surface. - See rare black coral growing in its natural habitat and meet colourful sea creatures - Relax as our guide tells you more about the unique history, geology and wildlife of Milford Sound - Learn about the story of Milford Sound and our conservation efforts with entertaining videos and easy to read information panels
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Southern Discoveries - Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound Highway 94, Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Please note the minimum age to kayak is 5 years old and must be accompanied by an adult or guardian in a double kayak.
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the Cruise Terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.