Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Te Anau
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand and a must-see for any traveller. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travellers seeking an all-inclusive, uniquely-kiwi, personalized trip to Milford Sound.
We keep things personal using our fleet of modern Mercedes vans. Enjoy your journey with no more than 16 people, in a vehicle with luxury features such as leather seats, panoramic scenic windows, Wi-Fi and Spotify playlists.
Let your Altitude Tours guide entertain and amaze you with their in-depth knowledge of the area, as you travel from Te Anau and into the Fiordland National Park on the famous Milford Road. Enjoy many scenic photo-stops at both famous locations, as well as our guide's favourite off-the-beaten-track spots.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a 2-hour small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Milford Sound has to offer!
per adult from
What's included :
- 2-Hour nature cruise on Milford Sound
- Knowledgable and friendly driver/guide
- Off-the-beaten track scenic photo stops en route
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu)
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Snacks - Note that after Te Anau there are no places to purchase additional snacks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Departs Te Anau
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up alongside the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey, you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops, including, Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Lake Gunn and Pop's View, plus some of our guide other favourites. which also allow for some great photo opportunities. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Located within the Eglinton Valley you’ll also find the famous Mirror Lakes and Knobs Flat.
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Enjoy a beautiful short nature walk and view the famous Mirror Lakes
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Milford Sound is a fiord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for towering Mitre Peak, plus rainforests and waterfalls like Stirling and Bowen falls, which plummet down its sheer sides. The fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins. Enjoy a 2-hour small boat cruise on the Sound, heading out to the Tasman Sea. Get up close to some of the impressive waterfalls and witness spectacular views as you cruise through this iconic location.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Miro Street, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Minimum numbers of 6 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to Covid-19 we are no longer able to offer our buffet style BBQ lunch. We will be providing a picnic lunch instead.
- A picnic lunch is included and you have a choice between chicken, beef and vegetarian and you have until 6pm the day prior to confirm your choice. The default lunch selection is chicken.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.