Milford Sound BBQ Experience full day from Queenstown
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, and a must-see for any traveler. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travelers seeking an all-inclusive, uniquely-kiwi, personalized trip to Milford Sound.
Travel in unparalleled style and comfort in a fully air-conditioned luxury Mercedes van fully equipped with WIFI, large panoramic windows and leather reclining seats so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
As you begin your tour out of Queenstown the van will travel south alongside the amazing "Remarkables" mountain range and New Zealand's longest lake, Lake Wakatipu. From Te Anau the scenery really begins to stand out as we drive north along Lake Te Anau and into the beautiful Fiordland National Park.
Enjoy a gourmet Kiwi-style BBQ lunch on our small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Fiordland and Milford Sound have to offer!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (at select Queenstown accommodations)
- Scenic Cruise on Milford Sound.
- Local Driver/Guide.
- Sightseeing Stops with opportunities for short bush walks.
- Lunch - Kiwi-style BBQ or Picnic Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
- Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities. You have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise for a 1 hour and 45 minute excursion on the fjord.
The barbecue lunch includes a classic Kiwi BBQ of marinated lamb kebabs, chicken kebabs and sausages, a good range of salads, fresh bread and fruit juice. Vegetarian patties are available on request. Please be sure to specify any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
During the months of May to October and the Early Bird Summer departures the itinerary for this tour will be modified. In place of the BBQ lunch enroute to Milford Sound, the tour will include a full scenic cruise with a BBQ lunch on board the cruise boat.
Important Note: Please be aware that this is a full day excursion (up to 13 hours for our Summer tours) due to road distances.
Departure Point :Tour departs from selected Queenstown hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef MUST be advised at time of booking and then reconfirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.