Marlborough Sounds Day Visit to Lochmara
Spend the day or a few hours at Lochmara in the Queen Charlotte Sound. Enjoy a 15 minute cruise over to Lochmara and choose from an array of activities, including a self guided walk around our 11 acre property with interpretation panels on the native flora and fauna, for those fit walkers we have a 3.5 km access track to the Queen Charlotte track, participate in the daily hand-feeding on animals including the Kakariki (native parakeet) and join a guided tour (additional fee applies) of the "Underwater Observatory - see below the sea without getting wet" The only one of its kind in the top of the South Island.
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Depart from the Picton waterfront at 9am or 12.15pm onboard the Lochmara vessel. Enjoy a 15 minute cruise through the breathtaking Queen Charlotte Sound. We may even encounter some marine life so keep an eye out.The skipper will slow down if we encounter dolphins, seals, little blue penguin and more...... Once at Lochmara you are free to explore the 11 acre character filled grounds, take a kayak or paddleboard out on the water, book a guided tour (charges apply) on our permanently moored "Underwater Observatory," join the guided animal feeding starting at 1.45pm. Enjoy lunch or a drink from our waterfront cafe.
Depart Lochmara at 2.45pm or 5pm (off peak season depart at 4pm).
Departure Point :Lochmara water taxi, Corner Wellington Street and, London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :12:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.