Marine Reserve Kayak Tour
This is a fun adventurous trip, perfect for the whole family.
Explore the Okura Estuary and Karepiro Bay.
• See rare NZ seabirds including New Zealand dotterills, oystercatchers, grey heron and possibly even royal spoonbills.
• You are likely to see fish flying through the air.
• Watch stingray as they cruise under your kayak.
• See beautiful protected native bush
• Visit the old settlers Dacre Cottage to learn about the history of the area.
per adult from
What's included :
- All kayaking and safety equipment
- Stable sea kayaks or sit-on-tops are used
- All tuition from our experienced qualified kayak guides
- Snack and a drink (we suggest you bring your own water bottle)
- FREE digital photos and a guaranteed great time!
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
We launch the kayaks at Awanohi Reserve, Redvale, North Shore and paddle down-river through stunning mangroves, following the native-bush clad northern bank.
Look for stingray gliding beneath your kayak, kingfisher and heron in the tress and mangroves. Dotterel and oystercatchers will be seen further down on he sand flats.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Canoe & Kayak Adventures, Mairangi Bay, Auckland 3330 New Zealand
Departure Point :8 Awanohi Rd, Redvale 0794, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Albany Bus Station Available.
Departure Time :
Departure times vary according to the tide. For departure times and dates see calendar for availability.
This tour operates throughout the summer in fair weather conditions. Pickup and drop off at the Albany Bus station or meet us at the launch site.
Return Detail :Okura Boat Ramp, 1 Okura River Rd, Okura, Auckland 0792, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This kayak tour is suitable for children 11 years and over, although younger children over 5 are welcome if the conditions are suitable.
- Each child must be accompanied by an adult.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- PLEASE NOTE: THE TOUR OPERATES ON THE HIGH TIDE. Trip Advisor can not cater for changing start times in their system, hence we have quoted 12:00pm. We will contact you once booked to confirm the start time.
- Tour Dates/ Tour Times: Dec 13/ 10.30 am, Dec 14/ 11.00 am, Dec 17/ 1.30 pm,Dec 18/ 2.30 pm, Dec 19/ 3.30 pm, Dec 20/ 4.0 pm, Dec 22/ 8.30 am, Dec 23/ 8.30 am, Dec 24/ 8.0 am, Dec 28/ 11.00 am, Dec 29/ 11.30 am, Dec 30/ 12.30 pm,
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.