Maori Experience including Hangi Dinner and Guided Kiwi Tour
Experience the South Island's premier Māori Cultural Experience and Hāngī dinner & guaranteed kiwi viewing all in one location.
An 'up close, personal and interactive' experience including New Zealand's wildlife, culture and cuisine.
• 45 minute guided kiwi tour
• 1.5 hour interactive Māori Cultural experience
• 4 course dinner with hāngī cooked mains
per adult from
What's included :
- 45 minute guided kiwi tour
- 1.5 hour Māori Cultural Experience
- 4 course Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option requested)
- Entry/Admission - Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Your evening will commence at 4.30pm with a guided tour where you will learn about some of New Zealand's native wildlife including kea and guaranteed kiwi viewing. From here you will experience a traditional challenge and pōwhiri before being welcomed into our interactive replica pre-European hunting village. As part of your interactive village experience you will learn about the tools and skills of the Māori hunter and their relationship with the flora and fauna of New Zealand. You will also see your hāngī dinner lifted from the ground. It's then time to sit back and relax whilst our kapahaka group entertain you with a 45 minute performance including action songs, poi dances, haka, stick games and weapons displays. The final part of your evening with us will be a four course dinner, with hāngī cooked mains, served in our fully licensed restaurant.
Throughout your experience there are plenty of photo opportunities and the chance to ask questions.
General admission to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve is included if you wish to arrive earlier to visit the other areas of the wildlife reserve.
A complimentary transfer from central Christchurch accommodation is available for arrival at the commencement of the 4.30pm guided tour.
Departure Point :Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, 60 Hussey Road, Christchurch 8051 New Zealand
Departure Time :4.15pm Check-in for 4.30pm start
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Plenty of free parking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.