Lyttelton Shore Excursion: Christchurch Sights with Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
Combine a half day city tour of Christchurch taking in not only the damage to the city by several earthquakes in 2010 and 2011 and the rebuild currently taking place, but also the remaining historic landmarks and the existing beauty of this picturesque city together with admission to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve with a fully guided tour of the reserve including Kiwi viewing.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with its pretty ponds and water features, then drive through the city centre, once filled with historic buildings and architecture, now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
You will visit both the botanical garden in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Then travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
This tour also includes entry to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve with a guided tour of the reserves ‘Natural New Zealand’, which illustrates some of the species that make up our totally unique native wildlife, our flora, and our culture. Here you will see some of our most endangered species, including the kiwi and learn about the work being done to preserve them.
• Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Christchurch Botanical Gardens,
• Mona Vale House and Gardens
• Sign of the Takahe with magnificent views over the entire city from the coastline to the mountains
• Port Hills and Lyttelton Harbour
• Sumner Beach and township
• Willowbank Wildlife Reserve and Tour
• Kiwi viewing
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.
Departure Point :Lyttelton Port. Meeting instructions will be sent to you upon booking.
Departure Time :Departs Lyttelton at 8.45am returning to Lyttelton by 3.30pm, This will ensure you arrive at the Cruise ship before departure.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at 3.30pm. This ensures that you will arrive at your cruise ship before departure.
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.