Lyttelton Shore Excursion - Christchurch City Sights
Embark on a half-day sightseeing tour of Christchurch while your ship is at port in Lyttelton. This tour highlights both the damage to the city inflicted by several large earthquakes in 2010 and 2011 and the rebuild which is currently in progress, paired with the surviving beauty of the city and historical landmarks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch.
Wander the Monavale Gardens with pretty ponds and water features, drive through the city center - once a place of historic buildings and architecture - now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the 2011 Earthquake. See for yourself the both destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
You will visit both botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
Should you be on the morning tour we can drop you outside the Museum / Botanical Gardens in central Christchurch at the end of the tour and at your leisure you can catch the return shuttle to your cruise ship in Lyttelton Harbour
Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre with full commentary on the impact of the earthquakes and the rebuild that is in progress
• Christchurch Botanical Gardens,
• Mona Vale House and Gardens
• Sign of the Takahe with magnificent view over the entire city from the coastline to the mountains
• Port Hills and Lyttelton Harbour
• Sumner Beach and township
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.
Departs Lyttelton at 8.45am and 12.30pm returning to Lyttelton at 1.15pm or by 4.30pm, this will ensure you arrive at the cruise ship before departure.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting instructions will be sent to you upon booking. Returns to original departure point at 1.15pm or 4.30pm depending on whether it is a morning or afternoon tour.Ports
- Lyttelton Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.