Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras from Christchurch
Immerse yourself in the magic of the Lord of the Rings trilogy on this 9-hour adventure to Edoras (Mount Sunday) from Christchurch. Explore with your guide and soak up breathtaking views from the peak of Edoras. Look over exclusive behind-the-scenes photographs of Edoras under construction. Pose for photographs with movie replicas such as Aragorn’s sword, Gimli’s axe and the flag of Rohan. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch with a glass of New Zealand sparkling wine. See for yourself how this tranquil mountainside was transformed into mysterious Edoras — the capital city of the Rohan people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
What's included :
- Picnic lunch with sparkling wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Begin your Lord of the Rings adventure with a morning pickup from your Christchurch hotel and head west to Mount Sunday, better-known to Lord of the Rings fans as Edoras — the capital city of the Rohan people.
Bounce over rocky terrain and through narrow streams, and alight at Edoras itself. Follow your friendly guide on a tour of the site and stand on the summit — as Eowyn did — for panoramic views over the alpine lakes, mountain peaks, rivers and high-country farm land below.
With informative and entertaining commentary from your guide, take a look at behind-the-scenes photos of Edoras under construction — available only from your tour leaders. Marvel at the Misty Mountains — among the most significant features of Middle-earth’s geography — and see the valley backdrop of the imposing Helms Deep.
After a delicious picnic lunch with sparkling wine, handle movie replicas such as Aragorn’s sword, King Theoden’s sword, Gimli’s axe and the flag of Rohan. Peruse the wide selection of movie merchandise and perhaps pick up a souvenir of your visit (own expense).
During your time on the mountain, gain insight into Edoras’ magic and mystery. Learn why this special site was selected for the Lord of the Rings movie and enjoy feeling part of the action.
When your time on Edoras comes to an end, hop back in your vehicle for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your Lord of the Rings adventure will come to an end.
Departure Point :Selected Christchurch hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear good footwear and bring along a warm jacket
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.