Level 2 Waterfall Climb from Wanaka (5 hours return)
There are hidden pools beneath towering falls, picnic swimming spots along the way and the views to the surrounding mountains and lakes are breathtaking.
Our intermediate climb involves approximately 3hrs of climbing steel ladder rungs and crossing 6 bridges next to a massive waterfall. This tour is perfect for active adventurers who love the exploring outdoors, waterfalls and beautiful places. You will be climbing next to vertical waterfalls and being happy with heights helps! Stay dry. No experience required.
Your intermediate tour starts in Wanaka with a spectacular drive. We teach you how to use the equipment then climb alongside Twin Falls waterfall. You will be climbing on steel ladder rungs and crossing wire bridges to finish at the base of a plunging 60m waterfall for a picnic lunch. We then walk down a mountain trail and then drive back to Wanaka.
If you are hesitant or just want a smaller taste, we recommend our beginner climb.
per adult from
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Instant Confirmation
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Lunch included
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- All necessary equipment
- Entry/Admission - Wildwire Wanaka
What's excluded :
We will meet you in town and drive you for 20 minutes out to the waterfall. We will give you safety equipment and teach you how to use it on our practice boulder. Once you have completed this, we will start our Waterfall climb. You will climb approximately 300m vertically and travel alongside a cascading waterfall for approximately 3 hours using cables, steel rungs and crossing 5 bridges before reaching the base of a 60 meter waterfall. We will stop for food at the top and the descent is approximately 45 minutes by trail. We then drive back to town.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Wildwire Wanaka, 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet us outside the Wanaka I Site. 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
Return Detail :I Site Wanaka
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise if over 100kg or under 40kg
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.