Lead Climbing Wanaka - Half Day
Push yourself mentally and physically by learning to lead climb in New Zealand’s premier (and most scenic) sport climbing venue.
This course teaches the essentials for leading bolted sport routes. It is also a must do for people who had a friend teach them but want to check they have good and safe techniques.
We keep our ratios small (1:4 max), so the course is tailored to you and our instructors always check what you already know (of course you may not have any lead climbing knowledge). Don’t worry if you don’t have any equipment, we provide all equipment necessary, you are welcome to use your own if you have some.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, qualified guide/instructor
- All technical equipment (harness, climbing shoes, helmet)
- Courtesy transport to and from the climbing areas
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Whether you are an experienced climber who doesn't have their gear or just looking to go (and learn) about lead climbing outdoors. This is the trip for you.
• Basecamp Adventures, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
Departure Point :50 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years. For children, contact us to discuss their suitability
- You must be able to safely wear a harness and helmet
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If cancelled due to very poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date, an indoor climbing experience or a refund
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.