Lavender Run - Jet Boat Tour on the Whanganui River
Skim through rapids and deep still pools by Jet Boat as you travel down the majestic Whanganui river to Lauren’s Lavender farm. Stroll through the lavender fields, enjoy the tranquility of this riverside paradise. Relax and enjoy the café and gift shop.
What's included :
- Local guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
• Entry to Lauren’s Lavendar farm (coffee & cake available to purchase at additional cost)
• Knowledgeable local river-guide
• Return shuttles between Taumarunui and the Whanganui River
After checking in at our office in the Forgotten World Motel and the completion of required forms, we will gather everyone together for a quick pre-tour briefing before boarding the shuttle bus to take the 5 minute bus ride to Cherry Grove where your Jet Boat awaits.
Hear stories of how the first traders used the river as their connection to the coast while you are fitted with your lifejackets. Step aboard the jet baot, get comfortable then its is off down the river to the Lauren's Lavender Farm Landing. Disembark and climb the short staircase up to the Lavender Farm. Relax in the gardens, enjoy a coffee at the cafe or browse the gift shop. Then it's back down the stairs, life jackets on and all aboard for the journey home, hearing tales of the river and spotting wildlife and relics of river use in past days as you go.
Departure Point :Forgotten World Motel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :9 Hakiaha St
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be 3 years of age of older
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers