Small-Group Kayak Adventure from Franz Josef Glacier
A unique kayak adventure, only minutes from Franz Josef Glacier! Set out across Lake Mapourika's mirror-like water and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding Southern Alps and Glaciers.
Lake Mapourika was created by the mighty Franz Josef Glacier as it retreated some 14 000 years ago, now it sits sandwiched between the Southern Alps and the Tasman Sea. The glassy water and unbeatable views make it one of the scenic gems of the West Coast.
Explore a kiwi sanctuary set amidst some of the oldest untouched rainforest in Westland!
This tour lasts up to three hours and is designed to complete your Glacier Country Experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully Guided Activity
- High Quality Photos
- All equipment provided including dry bags, splash jackets and gloves and hats in the winter
- Courtesy Transport to and from the Lake
- Courtesy pick-ups available on request
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Mapourika, State Highway 6, Westland Jetty Bay, Franz Josef, Westland Tai Poutini National Park 7886 New Zealand
Paddle across the stunning waters of Lake Mapourika with your knowledgeable local guide. Take in views of the glaciers and Southern Alps as you paddle across and explore the rainforest and conservation area on the far shoreline of lake.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Franz Josef Highway, West Coast 7886, New Zealand
2: Lake Mapourika Recreational Area, Waiho 7886, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.