Kawarau Bridge Zipline Experience from Queenstown
Go ziplining from the Kawarau Bridge near Queenstown, coined the ‘Adventure Capital of the World.’ On the Kawarau Zipride, you'll experience fun with up to six friends as you ride either solo or tandem across three parallel ziplines, reaching speeds of up to 37 mph (60 kph) on a 426-foot-long (130-meter) cable next to the Kawarau River. You have your choice of different styles, such as riding upside down or flying like Superman. Select a single ride or a 3- or 5-ride pack.
What's included :
- 1, 3 or 5 zip rides, depending on option selected
- All safety equipment
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Entry/Admission - Kawarau Zipride
What's excluded :
- Photographs (available for purchase following ride)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Located in the Gibbston Valley, just 25 minutes from Queenstown, the Kawarau Bridge is renowned for being the site of the world’s first commercial bungee jump. On the Kawarau Zipride, however, you'll experience it a different way — by soaring across one of three parallel ziplines that take you along the sparkling Kawarau River at speeds up to 37 mph.
Book a single zipline ride, or upgrade your experience with three or five rides; ride solo, or share with family and friends who can ride tandem with you or on the zipline next to you. You also have your choice of how you'd like to ride: fly like Superman in a lying-down position; flip upside down and ride like Batman; travel forward in a comfortable seated position; or enjoy the thrill of zipping backward.
It's a round-trip ride — on the zip down, enjoy scenic views of Kawarau Gorge, and then watch people bungee jumping on the ride back up.
Departure Point :• Self-drive: Located on State Highway #6 (SH6) in the Gibbston Valley just 25mins North of Queenstown (in the direction of Cromwell) • Pickup: Pick up from 'The Station Building', corner of Shotover & Camp Streets in the centre of Queenstown, bookings are essential
Departure Time :8:40 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children 8-9 years must ride tandem with an adult 18 years or older
- Children must have a parent or guardian co-sign their waivers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No min weight BUT they must safely fit a harness- Max 150kg
- Please be sure to advise any medical conditions
- Please wear comfortable clothes and secure shoes
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.