Kapiti Island Eco day trip to the stunning nature reserve on Kapiti Island
Experience a day trip of a lift time to one of New Zealand's conversation jewels; Kapiti Island.
Soak up the beauty, hear the stories of the Ngati Toa Maori people, spot whales and sea birds, native birds in their natural environment free of predators such as rats, stoats and possums.
Feel like you have like you have been taken back in time as you walk through stunning native bush spotting rare native birds found nowhere else in the world. You will see birds which are on the brink of extinction.
Walk the tracks and summit the island, sit on the beach in peace and admire the rugged coastline or swim in the Kapiti Marine reserve, picnic on the lawn or down the beach.
The choice is yours!
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- You can purchase a yummy lunch from us which will keep you going. Sandwich or Roll a slice and Muffin along with a nice cold water.
- Just let us know in heaps of time
- Food and drinks
- What you get
• Meet your guide at the Kapiti boat club for your introduction and bio security clearance
• Board our purpose built 10.5-meter, 400 horse jet boat ride across Rauoterangi channel to Kapiti island (6 nautical) miles which takes about 20 minutes
• Launching is an experience in itself with the tractor backing you backward into the ocean. (100% safety record over 23 years)
• Land at Rangitira point and your there
• 20-minute presentation at the Department of Conservation center on the island
• Take one our one-hour guided walks with experienced guide or explore
• Enjoy full cell phone coverage on most of the island selfie and post on face book, trip advisor .....
• Return to Kapiti
Departure Point :We depart from the Kapiti Boat Club 1 Manly Street Paraparaumu Beach. Pick up from the train at Paraparaumu Station can be arranged ( Only one hour on the train from Wellington or 40 min by car)The boat ride is about 20 minutes in our purpose built jet boat which carries a maximum of 30 people
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our purpose built boat backs you onto the island where you disembark onto the stones and beach there is a short walk of about 5 minutes up to the information center where you receive a 20 minute presentation. The beach access is not suitable for standard wheel chairs. Please get hold of us to discuss off road wheel chairs
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.