Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet, Rotorua & Hellsgate-Tauranga Shore Excursion
Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet Boat is the TOP JET BOAT experience from Cruiseships in New Zealand!
Most cruiseship jet boat rides on flat/calm harbours & lakes - Kaituna is a thrilling experience!
Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet Boat has the excitement of winding rivers, sharp corners & surrounding dense native New Zealand bush. Be thrilled with fast corners and spins and incredible scenery!
• Dense Native Bush- Forest Canyon
• Winding river
• Sharp corners
• Fast Turns
• Exciting Experience
Experience Hellsgate, incredible Geothermal park -
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet Boat Experience
What's excluded :
- Additional experiences at Hellsgate (swimming etc) es are at your own choice/expense
- Food and drinks
Tour typically departs at approx 9:00am from gates of Port of Tauranga (Mt Maunganui).
Approximately 1 hour is spent at the jet boat site, approximately 30 minutes in Jet Boat on water.
Tour includes Kaituna Forest Canyon Jet Boat & admission & guided tour of Hellsgate Geothermal Park
• Full Commentary
• Air-conditioned Vehicles.Hellsgate Geothermal Park details
Large variety of geothermal features & native bush & the largest HOT waterfall in Southern Hemisphere & Mud Volcano. Walk past steaming fumeroles & boiling mud pools. As a Kiwi Excursions guest you will also enjoy a complimentary guided walk around the reserve if you wish – or feel free to explore on your own, self guided with a map provided.
This is the only example of a mud volcano in a thermal park in New Zealand! Normally mud volcanos are only 0.9m high - the volcano here is already over 1.8m & looking to get taller.
Kakahi Falls (Hot Waterfall)
The Kakahi Falls is the largest hot waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere.
The black pool is our Cooking Pool - geothermal hot pools were used to cook food by Maori!
Departure Point :Outside main port entrance - Salisbiry St, Mt Maunganui, Tauranga.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.