Jet Boat Journey through Fiordland National Park - Pure Wilderness
This is a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in Fiordland National Park - far from the crowds found elsewhere. Fiordland Jet is is the only scenic commercial operator on these waterways, which means guests can enjoy an authentic kiwi experience in a small, personalized group tour.
As a locally owned and operated business, we are taking tourism back to what it use to be - personal - and invite you to explore our beautiful home as one of the family. No rushing. No lines. Just wide open spaces and jaw dropping scenery.
This is not the typical jet boat 'ride' - this is a journey - time to explore and learn about this amazing area and its rich history all while having heaps of FUN!
per adult from
What's included :
- Life Jacket & Spray Coat
- Cold weather gear when needed (hat, gloves, blanket)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Begin your tour at our office on the Lakefront of Te Anau with plenty of free parking and secure storage. Get fitted for a spray coat, life jacket and if needed any cold weather gear (hats, gloves, blanket).
Next take a short ride through Southland farms to the Queens Reach Boat Ramp where you'll board the boat with ease thanks to convenient ramps. After a short safety brief it's time to hit the water!
Travel down the Upper Waiau River with crisp Fiordland air rushing by, crystal-clear waters below and stunning views all around. Pause along the way to learn about the area and it's rich history, have some laughs, spot trout swimming just off the boat, re-imagine Lord of the Rings from 3 film locations and even listen to native birds as your driver quiets the engine for a spell. Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities plus high-speeds and spins - which are great fun for all!
Emerge onto Lake Manapouri and embrace true silence while surrounded by towering mountains and a view that will leave you speechless.
Disembark into the National Park for a short guided nature stroll among native flora and fauna.
Jump back in the boat and head back up river for more FUN!
• Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Departure Point :84 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This activity is great fun for any age
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable, supportive close-toed shoes
- Guided walk suitable for all. The walking track is well-formed.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.