Hovercraft Ethereal Evening Experience Cruise on Lake Pukaki from Twizel
Join us on a 40- minute scenic trip around Lake Pukaki. Sit back and enjoy the beautiful views and informative commentary from your crew member of the iconic Aoraki Mount Cook and surroundings, as you hover over the turquoise lake past Morgans Island, Tekapo Power Station and Lake Town, were the Hobbit was filmed. On way back experience the thrill of our horizontal slides. Your hover experience also includes a free transfer courtesy van from the Twizel township.
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Enjoy a complimentary pickup and transfer from your centrally located Twizel accommodations to the lake. Before taking hover, take part in a short safety briefing. Then, you’ll be ready for your 40-minute scenic hover on Lake Pukaki.
Departing from Haymens Road, you'll first head to Tekapo B Power Station to take in the stunning views of the only power station in New Zealand to be under water. After exploring Tekapo B, you’ll head past Morgan's Island,which is the only island to be located in Lake Pukaki. After exploring Morgan's Island enjoy a stunning stop for photographic opportunity of the iconic Aoraki Mount Cook! Other sightings during your trip are Tasman Downs, were Laketown from the Hobbit movies was filmed.
With a guaranteed window seat, you can sit back and drink in the absolute breathtaking views. Your professional crew member will provide expert commentary along the way. After the completion of your hover, enjoy the worry-free transfer in a courtesy van back to your accommodation in Twizel.
Departure Point :-Twizel Township -Accommodations around Twizel
Departure Time :2.30pm Departure daily
Return Detail :-Twizel Township
-Accomodations around Twizel
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.