Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Rotorua
Lord of the Rings trilogy fans – return to the lands of Middle-earth and the Shire on this fascinating half-day tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set from Rotorua. See the working sheep farm that movie director Peter Jackson turned into the village of Hobbiton for his epic Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Have your photo taken in front of the hobbit holes and hear insider gossip on how the movies were made.
What's included :
- Round-trip transfers from Rotorua to Hobbiton
- Guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Spend some time in Middle-earth as you explore the Hobbiton Movie Set, and delight in tales about hobbits on this half-day Lord of the Rings movie set and farm tour. After a 45-minute drive from Rotorua you will arrive at the Hobbiton Movie Set, constructed on a working New Zealand sheep farm and one of the last remaining structures from the famous Lord of the Rings films.
You’ll explore the Hobbiton Movie Set and village, where Bilbo Baggins lived and the quest for the ring began. Have your photo taken in front of a hobbit hole or the by the pond while your guide entertains you with the stories and insider dish about filming these Hollywood blockbusters in New Zealand.
You don’t have to be a Lord of the Rings movie lover to enjoy this tour with all its wonderful North Island scenery, but if you are, this tour will be all the more special.
Departure Point :The Hobbiton Shop
Departure Time :8am and 1:20pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sensible walking footwear is recommended as you will be walking through farmland
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please Note: This activity requires reconfirmation. Failure to reconfirm may result in cancellation of your booking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.