Hobbiton Movie Set Shore Excursion from Tauranga Port
Take a journey of discovery and experience the real Middle earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set, where, in the heart of the Waikato region, you can step into the lush pastures of the Shire, as seen in
The Lord of the Rings and
The Hobbit trilogies. The Hobbiton Movie Set is a wonderful opportunity to see the original location, which was rebuilt for the latest hobbit films
An Unexpected Journey and the original setting for Peter Jackson’s famous film trilogy
The Lord of the Rings.
There is time for lunch at the Green Dragon Pub and a little souvenir shopping.
This small-group tour is approximately 4:30 hours, leaving and returning from Tauranga and is ideal for clients from cruise ships wanting a quick tour.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
What's included :
- Driver/Tour escort/host
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Complementary drink in the Green Dragon Pub
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- You will have an official guide to show you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo's home.
Wonder around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow there food! with giant pumpkins laying around! and learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling.
Your guide tells you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to hobbits sitting under plum trees, and how in New Zealand, plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake plums.
As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree. When the leaves faded in the sun, someone was employed to repaint them, one by one!
Walk past the Mill and the famous Party Tree that were created for The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.
At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, you will finish your exploration of the movie set with a visit to the famous Green Dragon Inn.
The inn has been fully reconstructed, both inside and out, to give you the opportunity to enjoy the pub in all its splendour.
Indulge in a complimentary beverage from the Hobbit Southfarthing range, which encompasses two traditional ales, an apple cider or non-alcoholic ginger beer, all handcrafted and exclusive to the Hobbiton Movie Set. You also have a delicious range of traditional fayre available for purchase for lunch. Whether you choose to enjoy these in a comfortable armchair by the roaring fire, or in the Beer Garden, overlooking the enchanting village, the Green Dragon Inn promises to be a trip to the pub you will never forget.
There will be a complimentary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non alcohol available). After which you will return to your ship.
Departure Point :• The port of Tauranga! • We will be waiting for you at the port gate's with a name board with your name on it! • We wear grey shirts with lime green logo!
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern manufactured 2017/18 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.