Hobbiton Movie Set: Early Bird Express Tour from Auckland
You will be first on the Hobbiton Movie Set tour! This means you will have the opportunity for uninterrupted photos without crowds of people! Leave Auckland early to beat the crowds and the rush hour traffic.
You'll get the chance to see Hobbit holes, the Mill, the Green Dragon Inn and many other structures created for the films, learn how it was created.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry into Hobbiton
- Pickup from centrally located meeting point
- Hobbiton movie set tour (if selected - 2 hour tour)
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Enjoy a 2 Hour Movie Tour Guided Tour
Hobbiton in Matamata has become a must-see destination since the release of the blockbuster Lord of the Rings film trilogy, directed by New Zealander Sir Peter Jackson. Several areas in New Zealand were transformed into sets for The Lord Of The Rings movies. The Shire was one of the most famous. On this Day Tour, you will visit the Hobbiton Movie Set and experience where the magic was made!
Step into the fantastical movie set that framed the ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ Academy Award-winning movies. See the Hobbit holes of Bilbo and Frodo and have a drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Whether you’re a LOTR devotee or just have general interest this is a New Zealand must do.
This day tour has a magical twist! It departs Auckland at the crack of dawn arriving into Hobbiton allowing you to be first people on The Hobbiton Set for the day! This provides you with the opportunity to have un-interrupted photos without crowds of people!
Tours include hotel pick-ups and driver commentary and departs from Auckland offering return transport.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :280 Queen St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Our main pick up is at 6:05am at the bus stop at 280 Queen Street outside the JB HiFi shop. If you want to change to one of the pick ups below ( mostly Bus Stops ) please call or email the local supplier with your Viator voucher ready so this can be arranged. Please be ready 10 minutes before departure time.5:50am 6 Hopetoun Street (Verandah Backpackers)5:52am 373 Karangahape Road (Haka Lodge).5:54am crnr Pitt and Vincent Street (YMCA)6:00am 69 Beach Street (Omega Rentals)6:04am 80 Queens Street (BNZ)6:05am 280 Queen Street (JB Hi Fi)6:08am 380 Queen Street (Scenic Hotel)6:09am 490 Queen Street6:10am 520 Queen Street (Kiwi International)6:15am 63 Karangahape Road6:40am Manukau City - Leyton Way opposite the Mall6:55am Bombay Hills - Caltex Service Station7:25am Huntly - Main Bus Stop7:55am Hamilton Central Bus Stop, 340 Anglesea Street
Departure Time :6:05 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Requires a minimum of 4 passengers to run - May be cancelled if group not 4 people.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.