Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small-Group Day Tour From Rotorua
• Experience two of New Zealand's top attractions on a one day tour!
"The Waitomo Glowworm Caves" and "The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour: (Limited numbers)
• Pick-up and drop off from your hotel/accommodation inc airbnb pick-up!
• This tour is for your small group only!!!
• Complimentary beverage waiting for you at the Green Dragon.
• Your Glowworm Caves Official Guide will escort you through the caves explaining the discovery and unique aspects of these cave formations!
• Your Hobbiton Official guide will escort you through the 12 acre site, recounting fascinating stories and anecdotes about the trilogies.
• We do not change vehicles during the day shuttling passengers!!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Professional Guide at the Hobbiton Movie Set!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - New Zealand Discovery Tours
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Time is allowed at venues to purchase food and drink.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Zealand Discovery Tours, Fenton Street, Glenholme, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Join this journey of discovery on this full-day tour from Rotorua.
You will be picked up from your Rotorua hotel/airbnb accomodation in a small group luxury vehicle to experience The famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, later we travel through the lush green countryside to visit the The Hobbiton Movie Set!
This is where the Hobbit Lord of The Rings Movie set was created, Experience a guided tour around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo’s home then enjoy a drink in the green dragon (either alcoholic beer or non-alcoholic ginger beer) included in your tour.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Discover your moment of magic in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves tour. Take the world-renowned boat ride through the glow worm grotto, marvel at thousands of magical glowworms and become part of over 130 years of cultural and natural history.
Discover an ancient world 30 million years in the making and marvel at Mother Nature’s light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. The glowworm (Arachnocampa Luminosa) is unique to New Zealand, making the Waitomo Glowworm Caves an absolute must-do. See thousands of these tiny creatures as they radiate their unmistakable luminescent light in a subterranean world.
The Waitomo Glowworm Caves tours are made up of two levels. The upper being dry and decorated with stunning, delicate cave formations and the lower level consisting of stream passages, glowworms and the Cathedral, the tallest chamber in the cave.
Many of our guides are direct descendants of the Maori chief who originally explored the cave, bringing the cave to life through story-telling and explaining the history, features and legends of the world-famous cave.
Time included for rest break/coffee sandwich (own cost)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
In the late afternoon we make our way to "The Hobbiton Movie Set" on our drive into New Zealand’s "King Country" Waikato Region. The lush countryside and idyllic landscape of the area provided backdrop for many scenes of Peter Jackson’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogies.
Upon arrival at the magical Hobbiton Movie Set we see flowers springing up from the quaint little gardens, outside the tiny round doors of the little hobbit holes.
Welcome to the Shire – home to Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Merry and Pippin from Tolkien’s phenomenal movie adaptation of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies!
The Hobbit holes were rebuilt for The Hobbit movies and will now remain decorated in the condition they were seen in the movies. The inclusion of the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill, the Party Tree, double arched bridge and other attractions from the movie means you will get a chance to completely immerse yourself in the Hobbit fantasy.
As you are guided through the site with an official guide, you will spend two hours learning about how the set was built, where particular scenes were filmed and all of the behind the scenes gossip from Middle Earth. You will be awestruck at the detail of the fabulous structures and delighted by the excellent photo opportunities.
Children adore Hobbiton and adults are taken back to their childhood!
After you spend a lovely afternoon soaking up the magical atmosphere of the Hobbiton movie set tour, We will then return you to Rotorua via the scenic route and will arrive at you accomodation in the early evening.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1106 Arawa Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If your Hotel is not listed please state on additional information!If you accomodation is not listed (airbnb) please state on additional information!
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.