Heli-Jet Combo Tour to Bridge to Nowhere over Whanganui National Park
Fly by helicopter over the Whanganui National Park to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. Return by JetBoat up the majestic Whanganui River. Venturing through rapids, taking in the spectacular scenery of both rural farmland and the hidden depths of the Whanganui National Park. And learn about the unique history of the river from early Maori settlement through to the establishment and demise of European farming communities from our expert local driver/guides.
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- Afternoon Snack
- Local guide
- Return Shuttle to Forgotten World Motel
- Helicopter flight
- Guided JetBoat tour
- Walk to Bridge to Nowhere
What's excluded :
- Visit: Forgotten World Adventures, 9 Hakiaha Street, Taumarunui 3920 New Zealand
A magnificent two part trip flying by helicopter into the heart of the Whanganui National Park and jet boating up the Whanganui River back to your start point in Taumarunui.
Departing at 8:00am. You will be driven 50 minutes from our base in Taumarunui to the helicopter departure point near Raetihi.You will then fly into the heart of the Whanganui National Park where you will walk 30 - 45 mins to the Bridge to Nowhere. Here you can sit and relax, have a snack, hear the stories of the Mangapurua Valley and imagine what it must have been like to live in this isolated area as an early pioneer.
Then it is a 30 min walk down to the river to board our jet boat.
Travelling up stream you’ll pass through the middle reaches of the Whanganui National Park with it's deep gorges masked in native bush, fern encased banks, caves and waterfalls then into King Country farmland and bush clad hills. Sometimes skimming through the bubbling rapids, sometimes gliding over water as smooth as glass. You'll observe remnants of the days when the river was used by steamboats and as the main means of transport of early settlers.
We'll stop and have lunch along the way. Arriving back in Taumarunui approximately 4:00pm. Please allow a little extra time in case lunch has taken longer than anticipated. A picnic by the river can sometimes be a hard place to leave!
Child is considered 15 and under.
Departure Point :Forgotten World Motel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Forgotten World Motel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.