Hanmer Springs Rafting Adventure
Set among stunning mountains and pink marble formations, the Waiau River of Hanmer Springs provides an idyllic backdrop for a rafting trip. This 2-hour excursion offers a relaxing ride, with Grade II rapids making it a family-friendly activity. Learn about the region from your river guide and perhaps take a refreshing swim along the way.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
What's included :
- Wetsuit, booties, helmet, and life jacket
- Rafting guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your qualified rafting guide at the base of the Waiau Ferry Bridge in Hanmer Springs. After you put on your wetsuit, booties, helmet, and life jacket and receive a safety briefing, it's time to get on the water. The tour is suitable for people of all ages, but children must be able to fit the safety gear to participate.
Venture out for some family-friendly fun in the morning or afternoon, depending on your selection at booking. Search the clear waters for salmon and trout as you float down the Waiau River canyon and paddle over Grade II rapids, perfect for novices or those wanting a more relaxing experience. Throughout the 2-hour trip, you'll receive simple instructions on rafting techniques.
Listen to your guide’s commentary about the river's natural history while you marvel at features such as twisted rock, swimming holes, and pink marble. On occasion there's even time to leap out of the raft for a float, so be sure to bring your own swimwear and a towel along with your sense of adventure.
Departure Point :Ferry Bridge in Hanmer Springs
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No experience necessary on grade II rapids
- Child age 13 and under. Children must fit safety equipment in order to participate.
- Reasonable standard of fitness required
- Advisable to bring swimwear, towel, and sunscreen
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.