Half-Day Wild West Coast Tour including Lunch from Auckland
Escape the city and discover the best of New Zealand’s western coastline on this half-day tour including lunch from Auckland. Spin along New Zealand’s rugged North Island shores with a guide, and stop at beautiful beaches such as Karekare and Piha. Learn of the country’s first settlers at the Arataki Center and admire panoramic views over the Waitakere Ranges to the Pacific Ocean. After lunch, follow hiking trails through the Cascade Kauri Park and discover New Zealand’s diverse native wildlife. This tour includes round-trip travel from your Auckland hotel.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a professional photographer
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Following an 11:30am pickup at your Auckland hotel, take a seat in your air-conditioned minivan for the 35-miute drive to the coast to begin your 5-hour sightseeing tour.
First, visit the Arataki Center and admire panoramic views over the Waitakere Ranges to the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea. Discover extensive displays of local wildlife, and gain insight into the struggles faced by New Zealand’s early settlers.
Head onward to Piha Beach — renowned for its great surf and black sands — and dip your toes into the cold Tasman Sea. Then, enjoy a wholesome lunch in a local café before heading onward to Karekare Beach — home to natural attractions including a freshwater waterfall.
Delve into the Cascade Kauri Park in the heart of the Waitakere Ranges, and follow your guide along winding hiking trails through dense forest. Along the way, gain insight into New Zealand’s flora and fauna, and perhaps discover native wildlife in the treetops.
When your time in the Cascade Kauri Park comes to an end, return in comfort to your Auckland hotel to conclude your tour.
Departure Point :Your Auckland accommodation
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Tour returns to your Auckland accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.