Half-Day Volcano Tour from Auckland
Auckland is known as the City of Sails, but some think it should be called the City of Volcanoes! Gain insight into Auckland's unique volcanic geology and explore its rich Maori history on this half-day tour from Auckland. Explore the summits and craters of Auckland's youngest volcanoes, Mt. Wellington, Mangere Mountain, One Tree Hill, and Mt Eden, with a guide. Along the way, keep watch for native New Zealand wildlife and admire panoramic views over the city. This tour includes pickup and drop-off at the cruise port near Queens Wharf, Auckland. Please note, volcanoes visited are inactive.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hiking tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Following a 9am pickup at the cruise port near Queens Wharf, meet your guide and travel out into the suburbs of Auckland to begin your 5-hour tour.
Hike to the summits of four of Auckland's youngest volcanoes (inactive) — Mt. Eden, Mangere Mountain, Mt. Wellington, and One Tree Hill — and admire spectacular views of Auckland city and its 3 harbours from vantage points around the craters.
Along the way, keep watch for native and country animal life and listen as your guide sheds light on Auckland's rich volcanic geology and Maori history. At approximately 2pm, return to the cruise port near Queens Wharf where your 5-hour tour will come to an end.
Departure Point :Meeting point opposite Queens Wharf
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Meeting point opposite Queens Wharf
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note that you will be walking on steep and loose tracks, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring sunscreen, walking shoes or boots, a camera, any personal medication you may require, and wet weather gear in case the weather turns bad.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.