Half Day Skippers Canyon Photography Adventure
Journey with us into wild and remote Skippers Canyon. We'll take you on a photographic adventure into some of New Zealand's most spectacular and majestic landscapes and a ride through a window into our colourful gold mining past.
This tour is perfect for photography enthusiasts, from beginners to the more advanced. Your guide will bring alive the history and the stories of this rugged region.
Whatever your level of proficiency they help you find inspirational vantage points and subjects and then work with you, giving you compositional tips and tricks, showing you the camera settings you need to compose amazing images. capturing a vision you'll be proud to take home.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local driver/guide/photographer
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable AWD
- Tea, coffee and cookies
- Creative and technical guidance
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- SD card (available to purchase)
- Camera (Nikon D5100, available to rent)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skippers Road, Skippers 9371, New Zealand
From your accommodation, a short drive takes us from the bustle ofn Queenstown through rolling rural countryside to Skippers Saddle. This is the beginning of a 22km dirt road, hewn over a hundred and thirty years ago through mountains and backcountry to reach the rich gold deposits of the Shotover River. The one-lane road winds above precipitous valleys, past fantastic, sculptural landmarks and far-flung mountain vistas to reach the crystal blue Shotover River winding through a spectacular ravine.
Encounter aptly named waypoints like Hell's Gate, Bus Scratch Corner and Pincher's Bluff. Around every corner, awe-inspiring features such as Gorilla Rock, the Lighthouse and Castle Rock. Every bend in the road bringing a view of distant ranges and snow-capped peaks.
Your guide is a local landscape photographer who knows this road intimately in all its moods. You'll be guided in techniques of composition and camera use to create images that capture the beauty and majesty as you see it.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pickup outside of the Queenstown, Frankton Arrowtown area. This may change the itinerary of the tour depending on the location.Airports
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.