Half-Day Routeburn Track Guided Walk from Queenstown
Rated one of the world’s best classic hikes, the Routeburn Track combines personal achievement with awe-inspiring scenery. With this half-day tour, enjoy a more relaxed pace through the forest and into a world of peace and tranquility surrounded by the sounds of rivers, waterfalls and native birds.
per adult from
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
What's included :
- Small-group tour, afternoon departure from 1.30pm
- Professional guide
- Light snacks and water
- Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
What's excluded :
- Departing from your local Queenstown accommodation, your guide will drive you along the spectacular Lake Wakatipu and into Mt Aspiring National Park. Access to the renowned Routeburn Track is via a swing bridge, from where you are immediately immersed into stunning native beech forest.
On this moderately paced 2 hour walk, your guide will point out some stunning examples of the native plant and birdlife. Look for birds as they flit through the trees – a treat is to see the Mohua (yellowhead) a rare endemic bird usually seen in small breeding flocks plus the native bush robin and New Zealand’s smallest native bird the Rifleman.
The track follows the Routeburn River as it roars through a magnificent gorge before plunging beneath the rocks. It is a gradual ascent through 130million year old magical world of ferns, mosses, lichens & beech forest. The wide variety of flora and fauna on display is sure to impress. Our guides will also share information about the historical significance of the Routeburn Track and how it was used by Maori and European pioneers. There are plenty of waterfalls to enjoy and lots of places to rest along the river.
It is recommended clients wear comfortable appropriate footwear for wet or dry conditions.
Departure Point :37 Shotover St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from town center and Queenstown accommodation.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.