Half-Day Milford Track Guided Hiking Tour
Experience a morning guided walk to Giants Gate on the world famous Milford Track. From Milford Sound the track is accessed by water taxi and follows the mighty Arthur River through lush, temperate rainforest to Giants Gate, a most photographed and spectacular waterfall. This walk is suitable for all skill levels but you will require some fitness to cover the 11 km.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hot drink + snack
- Return water taxi
- Rain jackets available, but must be organised the day prior if required.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals + water
- Milford Sound, situated on the west coast of the South Island, is a world-renowned natural wonder with towering peaks, cascading waterfalls and amazing wildlife.
Explore Milford Sound and Fiordland Great Walks with the locals. Trips & Tramps offer small group trips with knowledgable, friendly guides. With 30 years experience guiding small groups in Fiordland, they are the best way to travel during your visit.
Experience 'the finest walk in the world' as you retrace the steps of early explorers on the world-renowed Milford Track. Take a journey along valleys carved by glaciers, wander through ancient rainforests and admire cascading waterfalls.
Fiordland National Park (established in 1952) has spectacular ice-carved fiords, lakes and valleys, rugged granite tops and pristine mountain to sea vistas.
Departure Point :Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended minimum age is 8 years
- The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip. We recommend a moderate amount of fitness - distance walked is 11km/6 miles return.
- Track is well maintained however can be uneven and rocky in places, this is not suitable for wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with walking.
- Operates in all weather conditions (including rain) unless the operator deems it to be unsafe. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water, any medication that you may require and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). Do not wear jeans as they become cold and heavy when wet. The operator can provide a good rain coat, please contact them in advance to have this arranged.
- The operator may refuse participation if clients are not dressed suitably.
- Have a change of clothes and footwear for after the walk incase it is a wet day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.