Half day kayak tour to Motukorea island
This is the perfect trip for anyone who wants a relaxed day on the Hauraki Gulf. No previous kayaking experience necessary.
Browns Island, named Motukorea (island of the pied oystercatcher bird) is one of the best preserved volcanoes in the Auckland Volcanic Field. Private boats and kayaks are the only means of access to this untouched island.
On arriving at Browns Island, you will be given the chance to walk to the summit, which will give you an opportunity to experience spectacular views and the island's fascinating history. There are three pa sites on the island (Maori fortified village), with the largest occupying the slopes of the main scoria cone.
Light refreshments are provided on the island before you head back to the sheltered waters from where you started.
FREE Auckland City Center pick up and drop off available on request.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fresh morning tea and refreshments
- Small friendly groups
- Suitable for people with littler or no kayaking experience
- Top quality sea kayak equipment
- Experienced guides
- Over 20 years of kayaking knowledge
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Auckland is one of the world’s most unique sea kayaking locations. It is a region of exceptional natural beauty, volcanic islands, sandy beaches and is abundant with wildlife. The sheltered waters of the gulf make it a kayaker’s paradise and are waiting to be discovered.
What is provided?
We kit you out with all the specialist paddling gear including buoyancy aid, spray skirt, spray jacket, thermals and a dry bag for your camera. This tour is fully catered so please advise us of any dietary requirements.
What to bring?
• Water bottle
• Shorts to kayak in
• Sun glasses
• Soft shoes or sandals for hiking
• Warm top
Meetup: 9.00 am at the St Heliers central boat ramp 384 Tamaki Drive, Auckland (click HERE for map). We offer a FREE pick up from the Auckland Ferry Building if requested. Our free pickup is at 3.30 pm outside pier 1, Auckland Ferry Building. This is the same location as the taxi stand on Queens Wharf.
Our guides are very experienced and skilled sea kayakers with a personal commitment and passion for conservation and kayaking. Their knowledge of the area, understanding of the weather systems and catering abilities will make your trip enjoyable and safe.
Departure Point :/Downtown Ferry Terminal, Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Check your gear and help keep islands Hauraki Gulf pest-free.Protect our wildlife
- Check - your gear for pests such as rodents and insects
- Clean - footwear and gear, removing soil and seeds
- Seal - ensure your gear is zipped up (no open bags)
- Check your gear for pests
- Before you leave the mainland, check and clean your gear.
- Check that your gear is free of rats, mice, ants and skinks - especially camping gear which has ideal places for them to hide when stored.
- Take extra care to clean gear if you have Argentine ants or plague skinks where you live.
- Clean clothing, footwear and camping gear, removing soil and seeds before and after each trip.
- Look out for cleaning stations at the pier and scrub your shoes before boarding.
- Do not bring your pets.
- Pack properly
- Pack food in sealed containers to avoid attracting rodents.
- No open bags or supermarket bags.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.