Half-Day Kayak Experience on the Mighty Clutha River from Wanaka
This half-day small-group river activity is for those with an appetite for getting up close and personal with the famous Clutha River. The fun unfolds as the river twists and turns, through playful rapids of the Upper Clutha set amongst the stunning Wanaka scenery.
Your guide will give you instructions on river safety and technique, as well as tips on river reading and directions on where to find the action and best play spots.
With a bit of practice, you’ll soon be cruising down the river in style. Be prepared to get a little wet and have a giggle.
Approximately 22 kilometers of grade 1-2 river kayaking with light snacks and refreshments provided.
per adult from
What's included :
- Beverages & snack provided
- Use of helmet & all appropriate safety equipment provided.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if request)
What's excluded :
- You will meet at the headquarters on the Wanaka waterfront at your chosen departure time. Here you will be greeted by the professional & friendly guides and transported to the Clutha River access point.
You will then be fitted with your gear and given a full safety briefing and instructions for your tour.
Once you are on the water, it's time to have some fun! Along the trip you will stop and have a tasty snack (usually one of our delicious chocolate brownies).
After your tour is complete, you will be transported back to the Wanaka Town Centre. Allow about 4 hours for this tour.
Departure Point :Meet outside the Wanaka Isite 10 minutes prior to departure. Look for the van!
Return Detail :You will be dropped back into the Wanaka centre, or accommodation if requested.
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants who can not swim
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.