Gulf Island Scenic
The Hauraki Gulf is truly a slice of New Zealand paradise. Make your visit to Auckland Harbour an unforgettable one by experiencing a unique flight over the mesmerizing islands. As we fly you over Rangitoto’s crater and Motutapu, take in the spectacular view of the favourite getaway destination, Waiheke Island, with its award winning vineyards and magical sandy beaches. End your experience with a unique scene of the skyline of the City of Sails before water landing in the heart of the Auckland Harbour.
Duration: 50 min with 30 min flight.
Operates daily, all days of the year
This flight operates with a minimum of 4 adult fares
Passengers may be combined with other groups, unless a tour charter has been booked
Children under 2 are free of charge, children aged 2-12 years pay a child fare (which is 75% of the adult fare)
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
- Passengers are expected to check-in at Auckland Seaplane’s base 15 minutes prior to departure time where their weight details will be taken.
They are escorted to the pontoon and a safety briefing by the Pilot then follows.
Once on board the aircraft, passengers will cruise into the Auckland Harbour Aerodrome ready for take-off, enjoying views of yachts and the city skyline from the water.
Once airborne, passengers are flown past Devonport, Lake Pupuke, Auckland’s youngest volcano Rangitoto, Motutapu Island, Waiheke Island, Pakatoa Island, Rotoroa Island, Ponui Island, Motuihe Island, Brown’s Island, Maretai Beach, Mechanic’s Bay and the Auckland City skyline. The Pilot will provide an extensive historical commentary throughout the flight.
Passengers land back in the Auckland Harbour and cruise into North Wharf for disembarking.
Departure Point :Wynyard Quarter Auckland CBD Water front.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.